Thursday, May 23, 2013

NCAA Track & Field Championships!

It's that time of the year!  The NCAA Championships for Spring sports!  And of course Track & Field! As a reminder there are three championships!  Division 1, 2 & 3.  Here is what I think Hempfield has going:

Division 2 - 400 meter hurdles - Kori Meshaw
The championships are in Pueblo, Colorado & here is the website -
NCAA Division 2 Track & Field Championships

Division 3 - Pole Vault - Melissa Fellenbaum
The championships are in La Crosse, Wisconsin & here is the website -
NCAA Division 3 Track & Field Championships

You can watch some of the events LIVE!!!  - go to the website!

You can get results - go to the website!

Coaching Melissa was a real pleasure for me!  She was talented.  She was athletic! And she loved the event!  Today on Facebook here is what Melissa said:

"Everything I've done leading up to today has prepared me for this moment. The training has made my body strong, the challenges I've faced have made my mind tough and so today I jump with my heart, not for the fear of this chapter ending but for the love I have of my sport that has carried through and will always be a part of me."

Wow!  That makes a coach smile!!  Good luck Melissa!

Melissa on right, her senior year Track & Field Banquet!
Taylor Lundy on left, another great Hempfield pole vaulter!

And Kori Meshaw!  Take a look at the Kutztown website - Kori Meshaw Named Kutztown MVP

Here is what Kori's coach said:

We knew when we were recruiting Kori that he was going to be special,” head coachRay Hoffman said. “Not only did he meet our expectations, he went above and beyond. It's easy to see his results but what you don't see is the extra work in the weight room, what he does on his own on Sunday's, and the outstanding leadership he provides for the program. I cannot express how much he will be missed. He set the bar high for our future student-athletes.”

Wow! That makes a coach smile!  Good luck Kori!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment